Yashima’s first twin-lens reflex film camera. More correctly, the first camera of any type to carry the Yashima name. Built in 1954 by the good folks at Yashima Kogaku Seiki Co., Ltd. at their factory in Nagano Prefecture. Prior to this camera, Yashima produced a model called the Pigeonflex which at least gave them some great ideas on how to present the camera that would eventually carry the company name. The camera, the presentation box and the leather case all show great attention to detail and a solid foundation that would become the standard for years to come. The sophistication of the first camera would lead to many firsts for both Yashima and the Japanese camera industry as a whole. Yashima would later be called Yashica as that name came to be more recognizable in the crowded marketplace of the 1950s and beyond.